Monday, March 18, 2013

my DA pper Dan experience

I'm going to use s voice on my new as Street to post office since I'm doing it while I'm driving.
so I found out that I'm going to be a coach for the Dapper Dan um at the elementary school state Florida I have to say that was pretty cool.
so I'll start off with my experience leaving Saturday morning although Friday I had to go get the van I'm going to try and talk a little bit about how to be a wana and the Dapper Dan committee handled everything as well as the time .
So I got off an early Saturday morning for a gloomy it started 4 o'clock on Sunday afternoon 1 of my guys skyline was selected to be on the team Justin Williams won the state championship SC 2 20 weight class this year .
We met at about 715 in the morning and then we drove an hour back into Stafford to meet everyone at Colonial Forge high school. And we drove to Pittsburgh into a nice rented passenger vans. The other coaches that went with us we're Phil Cronin and will Strozzi know . It seems that s voice doesn't like coach will last name. Meeting us down in Pittsburgh we're coach Cameron from Forest Park and coach weber from Christiansburg .
so we got on the road and it took about 5 hours to get to Pittsburgh the drive was nice. I 68 has some great scenery. I would have enjoyed it a little bit more had I not had to continue to try and find coach Cronin in my rearview mirror. so when we all about an hour away the 2 vans kinda split from each other but we both ended up making it there any. And for the record coach Cronin did make it to the hotel before I did. Before we split up we did stop at Sheetz where the wrestlers were trying to hit on the girls working the cash register.
upon arriving at the Doubletree Hotel in Pittsburgh it was immediately president how professional the Dapper Dan committee took this event. When we're old and everything was very organized . The way ins happen right when we got there and despite popular belief everyone does have to make way for the Dapper Dan. Right next door to the way in room was a huge spread of food for the wrestlers to eat right when we got there. We also had another room full of  gear for the wrestlers and the coaches. The wrestlers got a bag warm up top warm up bottoms singlet shorts and a shirt. The singlets are pretty sick.
everything moves pretty quickly here. After getting settled in all 4 teams dot on buses to have a workout in the Pittsburgh University wrestling room. The practice was a little weird because 1 of the Dapper Dan guys ran the workout. When you have a team full of state chance and state placers who are all 18 years old and they bring coaches with them they probably can work out on their own just fine. But it still in it up being a decent workout. When we returned to the hotel any of the wrestlers that didn't make weight when we arrive waitin after a workout.
that evening we went to a banquet that featured Olympian Jake Herbert as the main speaker. You could tell he was relatively new to public speaking but he still did an outstanding job talking to the kids. You really encourage them to continue to excel in the sport. Up to this point in for the rest of the weekend everything was taken care of by the Dapper Dan Crew we didn't have to pay for anything. The Virginia Association when is the vans and pay for the gas . After the banquet there was a coaches social upstairs in the hotel. At 1. I was talking to Olympian national champs  and the guy that runs flo.
Okay that's it for now I'll post again in a little bit

No comments:

Post a Comment